Pages

Friday 8 March 2013

Spring Box


This box is one I have designed for my next class and, whilst I normally don't post projects beforehand, occasionally there has to be an exception to the rule!!
The base is one of the Kraft Gift Boxes which come in a pack of 4 for just £2.75. Usually I like to make my boxes from scratch but on occasions it's nice to just be able to concentrate on the decorating and these boxes are a good size and very strong. They can, of course, be stamped but for this one I have used Daffodil Delight cardstock along with the Daffodil Delight DSP from the Polka Dot Parade pack to make mats to decorate the sides and top. The flower on the top was made by stamping 2 flowers from the Mixed Bunch set punched out with the Blossom Punch. Once this was done I broke up the fibres in the cardstock by working it quite firmly with a bone folder. By breaking the fibres it allows you to separate the cardstock into two layers, giving you four flower shapes rather than two. A small Pumpkin Pie Scallop circle was placed in the centre of the flower before securing together with an Antique Brad. A large Pumpkin Pie Scallop Circle was glued onto the top of the box and then three loops of Daffodil Delight Taffeta ribbon were attached with sticky strip before glueing the flower in place. The 'sweet treats' sentiment, from Teeny Tiny Wishes, and a retired 'for you' sentiment were punched with the Jewelry Tag punch and fixed onto a petal over the ribbon. The small flowers on the sides of the box were made with the Boho Blossoms punch.
I was really quite pleased with it when I'd finished (a rare occurrence!!!), and the nice, bright Daffodil Delight goes so well with the Kraft. I have a feeling I will be making a few more of these in different colours!

1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by to leave me a comment. They make me happy!
Margaret x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...