Pages

Saturday 27 July 2013

Simples Sunday meets LIM (on a Saturday!)

If you saw my post yesterday you will know that the picture on the left was the inspiration for this week's LIM challenge.

I needed to make a card for my Simples Sunday post so I decided to combine it with another card for the challenge.

This time I used the bow on the shoes for my inspiration and replicated it with some Basic Black Taffeta ribbon and some strategically placed glue dots!



The panel down the side of the card is simply a piece of Very Vanilla with some narrow strips of Basic Black cardstock fixed on with sticky strip (you could use DSP to make it even quicker but this is an alternative if you don't have the right paper!) The sentiment from Label Love was stamped in Basic Black and punched out with the co-ordinating Artisan Label punch then fixed to the card with dimensionals.
My apologies for posting Simple Sunday a little early but, where I would normally schedule the post, I needed to link it to the LIM site - hence Saturday night!!

9 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Margaret we've been thinking alike on this one. I went with the bow too and used taffeta ribbon. You've got a gorgeous result too. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another elegant and classy card! Have a fine week, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I love the monochrome look and the ribbon adds that extra nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two fab cards Margaret, love your take on the challenge.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. So elegant, love the b&w look

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the vertical elegance of this card, and the black card base is really striking :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very elegant and beautiful! Congratulations on being showcased!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Elegant! A great take on the inspiration photo - congratulations on your selection by LIM!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an elegant card, Margaret! Congratulations on the showcase from LIM!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to leave me a comment. They make me happy!
Margaret x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...