Pages

Wednesday 19 February 2014

Those Men Again!!


Hello and here I am back with yet another 'male' card and my fifth and last entry to the LIM challenge!! I am showing you two cards today because I started off making the card shown below with the men in mind but, when I'd finished it, I actually thought it looked quite girly so I set to and changed the colours slightly and ended up with the one on the right which I think is a much more manly version.
Isn't it strange how a change of colour to exactly the same design can make so much difference?

 Another very simple card but, as I'm sure you realise by now, less is very much more in my world :0)
I started by stamping a 'splat' from Gorgeous Grunge (a stamp set I didn't like until I actually bought it and now can't stop using!) in Coastal Cabana and Crumb Cake (for the card above) and Real Red stamped off (for the card on the left) then added a strip of DSP from the Fresh Prints Stack - available in the Spring catalogue. The sentiment, from Express Yourself for the card above and Teeny Tiny Sentiments for the card on the left, was punched with the Large Oval Punch and matted onto a label cut with an Apothecary Accents framelit which had been sponged round the edge.
Thanks for visiting and I'll be back tomorrow with something girly!
Margaret x

5 comments:

  1. 2 fabby cards Margarrt! I must get a card made for the challenge...half term really throws me out!
    Lizy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super splats!
    Thanks for joining in so wholeheartedly with Less is More's masculine challenge this week!
    Anne
    Guest "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card. It is such a perfect male card. May I post a link to your card on my Manly Monday blog post? It's a post where I showcase masculine cards for my readers. LMK-Let me know. My email is grohcm at gmail dot com. Send a link with an email so I can find your card again.
    Thanks
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm obsessed with splats right now too! FAB card

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are gorgeous Margaret!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to leave me a comment. They make me happy!
Margaret x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...