Pages

Sunday 4 May 2014

Simples Sunday meets Frugal Friday!


Firstly I must explain the title of today's post. I came across a new challenge the other day set by Lizy, a fellow SU team member, called Frugal Friday where she is challenging people to use up those scraps lying around on your desk. Well I think I have enough scraps lying around to make enough cards to open my own shop so here is just one card that I have put together this morning using the scraps at the top of my pile (Lizy also wanted us to post a photo of the scraps on our desk, so you can see that below)
My card base is Naturals Ivory, matted with Wisteria Wonder and a Very Vanilla panel stamped with the Woodgrain stamp. The tag was made with the Scallop Tag Topper punch and decorated with Petite Petals, a sentiment from Four You and a scrap of Wisteria Wonder Ruffled Ribbon. Three Bitty Butterflies were added along with a few Basic Pearls. The only thing that was done especially for this card was the stamping of the sentiment and the addition of the pearls - even the card base was lying around waiting to be used!!
Why not set yourself the challenge and then post your card on Lizy's blog (link above).
All that leaves is for me to wish you a great Bank Holiday weekend and a photo of my (untidy) desk!
 
 
Margaret x



3 comments:

  1. Hello Margaret, this is a beautiful card, and I do really like the tag. I joined in with Lizy's challenge too. Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that's a lot of scraps Margaret!! I do love what came out of it though. It's a beautiful card! :)
    Lizy xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely, and in purple, my favourite colour :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to leave me a comment. They make me happy!
Margaret x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...